On the weekends sometimes all you want to do is sit back and relax. Some of us prefer the beach, others the bar, and for some nothing beats the comfort of your own home. No matter where you choose to relax food and drink are a must have. This weekend we’ll explore some Bahamian favorites the Bahama Mama & their famous Conch Salad.
- 1/2 fluid ounce gold rum
- 1/2 fluid ounce coconut-flavored rum
- 1/2 fluid ounce grenadine syrup
- 1 fluid ounce orange juice
- 1 fluid ounce pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Combine gold rum, rum with coconut flavoring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender. Blend until the drink’s consistency is slushy.
Bahamian Conch Salad
- 2 large conchs
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 1/4 cup of sour orange (naranja) juice
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 med. Onion (diced)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash conch with a mixture of lemon, salt and water.
- Clean the conch, remove slime, and cut into small cubes. Place in mixing bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Mix and serve.