CaribBar: Carambola Iced Tea | Drink
- 1 Carambola (sliced crossways)
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 18 grams of Ceylon Orange Pekoe tea
- 1/3 cup Fresh Mint
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 3/4 Boiling Water
- Place carambola slices on a baking tray and drizzle with half the lemon juice. Cover with cold water and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until frozen.
- Combine tea leaves, mint and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes to brew.
- Strain tea through a fine sieve into a large jug and add remaining lemon juice. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Pour tea into tall glasses.
- Remove carambola ice from the freezer and break into pieces, with one carambola slice in each piece. Place a few pieces in each glass and serve.